Monday 18 October 2010

M Is For Marvellous

Today is Monday. Today I had the day off. Oh yes, sheer decadence in October, why the fuck not?

What did I get up to? Well, since you ask, although it doesn't do to brag....

.... the morning was spent luxuriating in bed, smug in the knowledge that most people were in their hives by the time I'd woken up. After copious amounts of the black stuff (coffee for those not in the caffeine club) and some scrambled eggs, I decided it was high time I took in a bit of culture; namely the Anish Kapoor sculptures in Kensington Gardens, courtesy of the The Serpentine Gallery.

*'Scuse the crappy photo quality, there's only so much a gal can do with her crackberry, k? 








It helped that I love Kapoor's work, it helped that it was a cool, crisp, and occasionally bright day. There was adventure in hunting out Kapoor's treasures, kicking up the leaves as we did so.

I'd recommend taking a look whilst the light and the weather holds. I don't know if there's a deeper meaning to Kapoor's work, and I don't really care. For me, it's the simple pleasure in how they make me feel.

Outfit wise I was wearing the perfect crispautumnaldaylookinfatartandmaybegoforadrinkafterwards ensemble; skinny black jeans, flats (no socks, hurrah!), long wrap cardigan in a deep navy blue, vintage belt, crop biker jacket and a cornflower coloured snood. I'm treasuring the snug, over sized but cute look whilst I can. It's only a matter of time until turning sideways is the only way to get through doors, because you're wearing a gazillion jumpers, socks, hats and scarves.


1 comment:

  1. they look amazing, am green with jealousy you've seen them and i havent xxx

    ReplyDelete