Saturday 2 October 2010

Work and Play

After careful and extensive research I have decided on my Autumn/Winter 'look'. This will be followed until after Christmas, when I shall review. Any unkind souls who suggest that a review is required due to some additional festive poundage will find themselves off the Christmas card list. Forever. Yeah, that's how I roll.

So, work:



The Joan Holloway. I love this woman - not the actress, she interests me less - the character, Joan. Much celebrated at the moment, I'm fully aware I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but I'm ok with that. Firstly, she looks like a woman, and having always been um, blessed, with a womanly figure it's a relief to see someone I can identify with. Plus she looks banging in a tight dress, clearly likes a pudding and comes across as very comfortable in her skin. This I admire, this I want. Having a inch to pinch and not giving a damn. Sexy. 

I intend to work the prim, but womanly look for work. It's classic, it's classy and makes me feel great, which given I spend 10 hours a day in a testosterone dominated environment is more important than one would think. Footwear? A classic black court. Fail safe.


So what about play? Well, as much as I love the looks above, being that corseted, that 'poured in', I like to be able to reclaim my rib cage and well, breathe. I also wanted something cosier, something that was a bit more 'on trend', that could be easily adapted to normal gal wear from the catwalks, and frankly, something that I wouldn't have to reinvent my whole wardrobe to achieve. So, hello Burberry. Your campaign has been around for months now. It's seeped into my brain box and is claiming squatter's rights. 


Oversized but figure hugging shearling aviator jackets? Check. Soft dresses over boots? Check. Perfect for damp autumnal days, and cool evenings? Absolutely. I like the idea of snuggling into the soft shearling, especially when it gets cold enough to see your breath. Add a snood and a soft beanie and you are made. 

I'm also coveting these. Admittedly they're not over the knee boots as per the catwalk outfit above, but they are big, big news this season. Obviously Burberry again, Christopher Bailey is on fire at the moment. 


Alas, unless Father Christmas is feeling remarkably generous and impatient to get with the present giving, I shall be looking for high street versions.

Life is so unfair.


No comments:

Post a Comment